The Vicious Cycle
Blepharitis is a vicious cycle if it is not detected and treated properly. As we start to age, our bodies are unable to make sufficient natural antibodies in our tears, resulting in the overgrowth of normal bacteria on our lid margins.
Exotoxins and endotoxins are produced by the bacteria, causing inflammation to occur along the lid margins. This inflammation affects our tear glands, causing a decrease in tear and antibodies production, resulting in the increase in growth of bacteria, and the vicious cycle repeats itself.
How does BlephEx work?
It is a painless procedure that uses a medical grade micro sponge that spins thoroughly and carefully along your upper and lower lid margins to remove excess bacteria, biofilm and toxins from your lids and lashes. The micro-sponge is disposable and is changed after cleaning each eye to ensure that hygiene is well kept. You will be taught on lid hygiene after the treatment, to prevent blepharitis from occuring.
Why choose BlephEx?
- Treats the root cause of dry eyes
- Takes a short time to complete the procedure (6-8 minutes)
- Able to thoroughly remove excess bacteria and scruffs from your eyes
- Repeated only at 4-6 months intervals
- No down time, you can resume back to work and social activities right after the treatment!