The ultraviolet rays of the sun are damaging to your eyes as it is to your skin. Exposure without protection is dangerous for the surface of the eye, the crystalline lens and retina. What's more, not only do children spend more time outdoors than you, they also tend to spend a lot of time in places where there is a lot of sun reflection such as beaches, swimming pools and amusement parks. As UV damage are mostly cumulative, the more time a child's eyes are exposed to harmful UV rays, the higher the risk of vision problems in the future. The best way to protect their eyes is to wear sunglasses.
UV protection with only sunscreen/sunblock for your children's skin while they are outdoors is therefore not enough. Sunglasses are important for eye protection for your children, just as they are for you. The earlier you start the habit of eye protection for your children, the healthier their eyes are going to be. Sunglasses for children from 0 months to 12 years of age are available at The EyeClinic.
The sunglasses should provide 100% UV protection and their model should be designed to ensure maximum protection and total functionality while offering absolute comfort to your children.
- For babies, infants and toddlers : strong lenses, flexible frames with looping lines to hold the glasses firm on the face in all conditions.
- Between age 3 to 10: your children are expected to be very active, so the lens should be impact resistant.
- Between age 10 to 12: wider range of designs should be available to suit your pre-teens' personality and activities.
TIPS: Not all kids enjoy wearing sunglasses. One way to motivate your kids is to make use of the fact that most kids love to behave like adults. You should therefore develop the habit of wearing sunglasses yourself first then encourage your kids to do the same.
What are the things to look for in the best sunglasses for babies and toddlers?
- Substantial coverage around the eyes
- Flexible frames and strong lenses that can take a lot of activity
- Sunglasses that are centered for upside or downside use
- And dark lenses such as Julbo’s category 4 lenses for minimal visible light transmission (only 5%)
That is why we choose Julbo!
Top-quality lenses in Julbo’s sunglasses for kids sunglasses, just like the grown-ups:
- Julbo lenses are optical class 1
- They provide 100% protection against UVA, B and C rays
- They are shock resistant
Looping frames are made for a baby’s face:
- Handy reversible and flexible frames—there is no wrong way to put them on
- Wrap-around styling provides excellent coverage and protection
- Flexible and shock absorbing frames
- Fun, colorful style for the little ones
High-quality frames for children’s sunglasses
- Wrap-around design provides excellent coverage
- Shock absorption
- Curved temples